Skills and Experiences
- Follow all relevant policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute in cost-efficient usage of resources to reduce wastage and unnecessary expense.
- Adhere to all relevant HSE and Risk management procedures, instructions and controls.
- Utilize and access the Hospital Information System to review patients' entire medical records and assign appropriate codes using ICD-10CM/PCD-O coding systems, within set number of days of discharge.
- Select the correct principal diagnosis and procedure, as well as the sequence of all other diagnoses and procedures, according to the uniform discharge data system.
- Identify complications and co morbidities in order to assign the most appropriate Diagnosis-Related Group (DRG).
- Develop and assign physician coding queries when documentation clarification is needed in order to assign the most accurate and appropriate code
- Inform supervisor of outstanding records not coded within set number of days of discharge.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Ensure full discretion when dealing with patient documentation.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. University Degree preferred.
- Relevant Certification(preferably in HIM, Coding or Revenue Cycle Management) preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in computer system application development and implementation.
- Experience in Coding for an acute healthcare provider preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of reference resources for information relevant to the charge master.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes.
- Knowledge of health system administrative and clinical applications such as SMS In vision, Patient Management, Enterprise Access Directory, Patient Billing and Accounting, and Windows NT.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic and English (speaking and writing).
Apply directly by clicking the below link:
Medical Coder @ Taiba Hospital