Skills and Experiences
SSH are looking for a talented HSE Manager to join our team in Kuwait. The HSE Manager must demonstrate a minimum of 12 yrs. experience working on projects in the Middle East.
- Develops, implements and coordinates the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Program. The HSE Manager will establish and maintain procedures to prevent unsafe working conditions and adverse environmental situations.
- Primarily responsible for the maintenance of ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 accreditation.
- Works closely with the Head of IMS to ensure the IMS is integrated, effective, and that all relevant issues and concerns are well communicated and resolved expediently.
- Responsible to the Head of IMS, Change, IMS and IT Director and CEO, for establishing, maintaining and reporting on safe working practices for SSH.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate coverage of HSE in the IMS audit plan for all projects / departments / divisions.
- Continually reviews and evolves the IMS aligning to local, regional and international regulation and best practice.
- Primarily responsible for ensuring certification / accreditation audits are completed successfully with the minimum of observations and non-conformance.
- Assist senior management in any aspect related to HSE audits, reviews and development / improvement of process.
- Responsible for completing audits, and audit reports and identifying and dealing with non-conformance and Safety Violation Notices (SVNs) relative to said audits.
- Assists the Head of IMS in maintaining our external accreditation for all ISO certificates current and future.
- Ensures effective and timely communication of all incidents, accidents and fatalities to the Head of IMS, Change, IMS and IT Director, Director of PCMS and CEO.
- Defines the strategic approach to HSE, in close concert with the Head of IMS and Change, IMS and IT Director, ensuring that SSH has a ‘best in class’ approach in keeping with the relevant local, regional and international regulations.
- Responsible for the continual development and improvement of business systems, promoting the principles of HSE and ensuring that procedures, guidance and standard forms are readily accessible, understood and used by all staff as required.
- Conduct regular HSE audits to a defined, agreed and published schedule, resulting in value added audit reports identifying nonconformance, safety violations, opportunities for improvement, ensuring that follow up actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Produce training material, arranging and delivering internal training for staff in all regions. Provides support and mentoring to IMS team and HSE community, acting as a backup HSE resource in all regions.
- Assist and support staff in relation to HSE issues including business systems, HSE management, best practice, and SSH IMS process issues.
- Ensure there is a regular forum for HSE with representatives from all business areas to ensure communication, coordination, and consistency in all active HSE matters / projects.
- Reports progress and issues effectively on a regular (at least monthly) basis to the Head of IMS and onward to the Change, IMS and IT Director (and CEO and PCMS Director in the case of incidents).
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 5 years in the construction sector and 3 years in the GCC.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to clearly articulate complex, technical issues to the lay person.
- Able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of relevant standards, interpret their requirements and explain / apply them in a pragmatic manner.
- Demonstrable ability to analyse and monitor trends from the outcome of IMS activity to improve procedures and outputs.
- Able to travel to any MENA country without restriction and able to enter and walk and work at all locations and levels of a construction site.
- Engineering or related degree(s) in relevant field.
- ISO14001:2015 Lead Auditor
- OHSAS18001 Lead Auditor
- ISO9001:2015 Lead Auditor.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- CQI membership (minimum Associate level).
- QMS Auditor (IRCA recognized).
- ISO27001:2013 Lead Auditor
- Fluent in Arabic (verbal and written).
Education: Degree in Engineering or related field
Apply directly by clicking the below link:
HSE Manager @ SSH