Skills and Experiences
Fraud Risk Analyst - (1800009L)
Job Purpose: To monitor fraud risk through data mining, analysis, fraud risk management systems and review of fraud risk mitigating strategies and controls.
- Proactively assists in the implementation of the Fraud Risk Management framework using data extraction, data analytics and management reporting.
- Daily fraud monitoring and updating the Master register.
- Investigations of suspicious transactions and taking them to a logical conclusion.
- Conduct/Assist in Fraud risk assessments and report writing.
- Conduct/Assist in fraud incidents investigations and report writing.
- Develop data analytic tools and frameworks to monitor and detect frauds across the bank.
- Aggregate data across multiple business units and IT systems to develop analysis and reports supporting the detection and prevention of fraudulent activity.
- Monitor Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) related to fraud risk
- Prepare periodic management reports on all activities
- Assist in identifying and developing process enhancements to maximize fraud detection efficiency and reporting.
- Assists management in the development and implementation of fraud mitigation controls.
Education /Qualifications: Graduate/Post graduate. Degree in Risk Control, Banking, Accounting or Management etc. CFE / CIA / CA / CPA or equivalent designation preferred
Knowledge: Knowledge of the banking industry, fraud risk management, functional aspects of IT systems and all regulations governing the banking business Knowledge of local banking practices in Kuwait including normal banking products, policies, procedures and processes
Experience: 7+ years in banking / financial industry with 2-3 years in banking operations / risk management role and at least 3 – 5 years in data analysis/data mining using a combination of SAS, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to organize and analyze multiple complex data sets.
- Excellent ability to identify trends/patterns and opportunities
Apply directly by clicking the below link:
Risk Analyst @ Gulf Bank