Skills and Experiences
Job no: MRF4024
The Avenues Phase 3
The Facilities Technician primarily works alongside the store visual team, providing repair and maintenance support for all facilities. You will be on call to fix any urgent situation that affects the store’s ability to open for business. Additionally, you will keep an eye on the day-to-day safety of our customers/employees and the security of our assets.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Being on call to answer any issues in the building (climate control, odours, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Working with outside vendors and contractors to ensure repairs and maintenance is done correctly, and monitoring contractors as they do this work
- Checking and replacing light bulbs in each facility, as needed
- Doing minor plumbing repairs, as necessary
- Hanging fixtures and shelving, as needed
- Dismantling and installing furniture.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent physical health
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills with the ability to support project work and teams
- Computer literacy.
This is a very physically demanding role. As such you need to be able to do the following:
- Walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 100 pounds
- Be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet.
Apply directly by clicking the below link:
Facilities Technician @ Harvey Nichols