Skills and Experiences
Job Ref. JB3829473
The individual will work as part of an architectural design team, leading work on defined segments of a project with limited guidance and supervision of a Senior Architect or nominated supervisor. Role also includes responsibility for Statutory Authorities approvals, site back-up and mentoring of subordinate staff members.
- Top of Form
- Personally verify the corrections and absolute accuracy of own and others work prior to review by the senior level Architect.
- Organize own and others work to achieve set deadlines.
- Bottom of Form
- Lead pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of design documents or presentation.
- Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations, technical specifications, bills of quantities, etc.) and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
- Take responsibility to ensure all design documentation of the Statutory Authorities' Approval process is delivered on time.
- Attend Client meetings.
- Confidently present work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to site supervision teams and resolve design related issues on site.
- Developed Architectural Design skills an indepth understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
- 7+ yrs of experience working in engineering consultancy as a Design Architect
- It is essential that the correct individual must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of, delivering building projects in the Middle East from concept through to detailed design as part of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
- Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
- Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
- Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
- Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Proficiency in verbal and written Arabic is an advantage but not essential
- BSc or MSc in Architectural Engineering
- Registered membership of an internationally recognised engineering body is an advantage
- International Accreditation (RIBA, AIA or equivalent).
- Job Location:Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Job Role:Engineering
- Employment Status:Full time
- Employment Type:Employee
- Career Level:Mid Career
- Years of Experience :Min: 7
- Residence Location:Kuwait
- Degree:Bachelor's degree
Apply directly by clicking the below link:
Design Architect @ SSH