Skills and Experiences
Job no: MRF3029
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
As a Chef Manager (Executive Chef), you will lead & run the entire F&B staff restaurant in its day to day aspect of food preparation and service operation (Food planning, quality control, directs all the F&B and associated activities throughout the vessel either personally or through subordinate managers and supervisors).
The ideal candidate must have a formal culinary education, advanced culinary and artistic skills, knowledge of modern cooking methods and at least 10 + years of practical experience on a cruise ship or 5-star hotel, canteens or high-volume food service venue.
- Culinary school degree or approved certification
- Expert in International and Mediterranean cuisine.
- Culinary skills and a flair for food quality; flavor, portion, plating, garnish, innovation, cost. food safety well versed on upscale casual trends/market
- 10+ years progressive managerial experience on a cruise ship or 5-star hotel, canteens or high-volume food service venue.
- Strong managerial skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- The job required a high level of creativity or food development
- Working knowledge of computers and basic software products
- Must be able to plan, organize and complete work tasks and meet time deadlines
- Candidates must prosses the ability to manage international staff in a positive and productive manner
- Good command of the English language (both spoken and written)
- HACCP certification is required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the entire F&B operation front and back of house including catering
- Ensuring professional production and distribution of all meals for guest in accordance with company standards, menu cycle and recipes
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
- Organization and execution of F&B related functions and extraordinary events (e.g. Meeting, Welcome / Farewell)
- Ensuring food safety, highest level of cleanliness in the galley and production areas always in accordance with Alshaya QA standards.
- Ordering of all food supplies according to production planning
- Supervision, motivation and training of the multi-national galley staff.
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedure.
- Active participation in gallery functions, socializing with guests during meal time.
Apply directly by clicking the below link:
Chef Manager @ Burj Alshaya