Skills and Experiences
Post: AML - Assistant Manager
Job No: 1800009C
Assist the Head in ensuring that the Bank’s policies, procedures and operating processes are adequate for the prevention, detection and reporting of money laundering and terrorism financing transactions
- Administration : Support the Head in implementation of the Bank’s AML strategy consistent with business support objectives.
- Transaction Monitoring : Oversee transaction and account monitoring programmes according to specified schedules and ensure Alerts are sent to business units in timely manner being investigated properly and regular follow ups as needed.
- Investigations & Reporting Conduct and Coordinate investigations related to potential money laundering or terrorist financing; Draft initial SARs to be reviewed and approved by the Head of AML Unit for onward submission to the authorities.
- AML Reviews/Audits Plan, conduct and manage AML Reviews/Audits as per the agreed schedule.
- Enquiries: Resolve enquiries received from internal/external clients by conducting investigation and ensuring that requirements are being fulfilled as per the expectation of the enquirer and the Unit's satisfaction.
- Advisory & Consultancy : Coordinate with the manager on technical, procedural and practical advice and support on AML issues; Review of any new/updated policy, process and/or procedures submitted to the Unit for feedback.
- Liaison : Liaise with internal business partners such as business units, Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit, External Auditors and CBK Auditors on a regular basis and as and when required.
- Reports :Prepare reports according to specified formats and schedules; Receive and process internal and external Suspicious Activity Reports for approval by the Head and onward transmission to the local AML authorities.
- AML training and Awareness : Assist the Head with devising and delivering AML training for all bank staff if required.
- People management: Manage, motivate and develop individual employees and the team in line with GB people policies & practices; communicate operational procedures
- Corporate governance & compliance: Work fully within:
- risk policies and procedures
- all compliance regulations
Qualifications: University degree or equivalent education
Good knowledge of AML practices, tracking systems and knowledge of the local and International market practices
4-6 years of experience in banking, with 1-2 years’ relevant experience in AML, Compliance or Risk mandatory
Accreditation / Licensing
Preferably a completed ACAMS Certification (Association of Certified AML Specialists)
Apply directly by clicking the below link:
AML Asst. Manager @ Gulf Bank